The Illinois Manufacturers’ Association is proud to announce CSL Behring’s selection as the recipient of the 2023 Barry L. MacLean Manufacturer of the Year that will be awarded at the IMA’s 130th Annual Luncheon on December 8, 2023, at the Sheraton Grand Chicago.
“I’m excited to honor CSL Behring as the 2023 Manufacturer of the Year in Illinois for their remarkable achievements in the field of biosciences. Their innovation and leadership in developing advanced treatments have saved the lives of countless people across the world,” said Mark Denzler, President & CEO of the Illinois Manufacturers’ Association. “Their unrelenting drive and commitment to producing groundbreaking treatments for patients makes them an important part of the global healthcare community, and we are proud to recognize them as the very best of Illinois’ manufacturing sector.”
The IMA’s annual award recognizes a company for their leadership in six core areas:
- Manufacturing Advocacy: Serves as a strong voice for the manufacturing industry at the local, state, or national level.
- Operational Excellence: Creates a profound and lasting impact on stakeholders, companies, markets, and suppliers within the manufacturing sector with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Innovation & Technology: Committed to innovation, Research & Development, transformative product development, or technological advances.
- Workforce Development & Diversity: Focused on building the next generation of leaders through support of education and workforce development programs.
- Community Engagement: Demonstrates long-term commitment to local community, charitable, and philanthropic efforts.
- Sustainability: Supports sustainable methods of production and elimination of non-value added activities from operations.
“Thank you for the tremendous honor of being named 2023 Manufacturer of the Year,” said Abner Garcia-Delgado, VP Manufacturing and Kankakee Site Head. “We are proud of the work we do to save lives and this recognition reinforces the impact we have locally and for our patients around the world.”