The Kankakee County Convention and Visitors Bureau announced the second round of the CTAP (Community Tourism Action Plan) grant opportunity is open! Grants are available to help both small or large Kankakee County visitor-centric projects across the finish line, and any public, private or non-profit organization can apply.
Application deadline is September 15, 2023 by 4:30pm CST.
While there are many purposes for these CTAP grants, the primary purpose is to add vibrancy to the communities in Kankakee County and to generate new economic impact through visitation by non-residents. Other purposes include:
- expand the tourism product in Kankakee County.
- expand existing or create new visitor experiences in Kankakee County to attract new visitors and extend the length of stay of current visitors.
- provide co-op marketing assistance to support new signature events that will generate overnight visitation to Kankakee County.
- Generate overnight visitors and measurable hotel room nights in Kankakee County.
Examples of desired projects include, but are not limited to, the development or expansion of visitor attractions and venues, hands on experiences and activities, high impact traveling exhibitions, public shows that are uniquely qualified to extend a visitor’s stay and multi-day new signature events that are likely to generate overnight hotel stays. I invite you to take a look at a few of the projects that received funding during the first round of the grant program.
Two different levels of grants will be offered through an application process:
- $5,000 – $24,999 with a 25% applicant match (total project cost is $7,500+)
- $25,000 – $500,000 with a 50% applicant match (total project cost is $50,000+)
The grant packet can be found on the Kankakee County CVB website.